What do we do?
The Elischer Foundation supports individuals who have already demonstrated they have a talent for fundraising and have the drive and ambition to be the next generation of sector leaders. We provide a bespoke mentoring programme which supplements and complements the training and support individuals may already access via their fundraising or fundraising related roles.
Mentees join the programme at a stage where they can demonstrate continuing success and achievement and are most likely already leading one or more areas of fundraising. It is likely that successful applicants will have more than four years’ experience. Our mentees tend to be a ‘Head of’, ‘Deputy Director’ or in a management role and are committed to further developing their leadership skillset.
Who do we help?
Our aim is to work with talented and skilled individuals who:
- are ambitious and show commitment to a long term career in the sector
- want to build on existing success and knowledge to accelerate a career towards executive and organisational leadership
- are innovative and prepared to be bold and challenge the norm
- have an eye on trends and opportunities
- demonstrate the drive to develop professionally
- are motivated and ready to work hard on developing their leadership styles and skills
- have capability to unlock their full potential as leaders
If this is you, you would benefit from our help. There is an application process and you will need to provide contact details of someone who is willing to support your application and recommend your suitability to the programme. Following this process, you could be selected to join our programme.
Applications are welcomed from all international fundraising markets and are provided without any charge to the successful participants.
How we help you?
If you are successful, you will be matched with a mentor and you will work together for at least twelve months. Each relationship will be bespoke and individual based upon your development focus.
You will become part of a wider group with a community of peers, facilitating further learning and development. Activities may include:
- Online forum for participant community
- Workshops for participants led by mentors and sector experts
- Attendance at UK and international fundraising conferences
Our mentors are all experienced and successful leaders who know how to help others be the best they can be in their roles. Many are fundraising experts but we also have others who specialise in areas such as innovation or technology. With their wide range of skills, knowledge, organisational experience and locations we can always make a really productive match of mentor and mentee. Get to know a selection of our team: